Jakarta (Greeners) – Despite of Riau police had ordered to stop investigation over 15 companies allegedly burning lands in 2015, Minister of Environment and Forestry Siti Nurbaya stated that her office would still pursuit legal action against them.
“Riau police will be handling crime charges, however, the ministry will be focusing on civil charges and administration sanction,” she said in a message, on Tuesday (26/7) adding that they would still be supportive of the police investigation.
Previously, Director General of Environmental and Forestry Law Enforcement Ministry of Environment and Forestry (KLHK), Rasio Ridho Sani, said that the ministry would pressed on civil and administration charges by its civil servants.
“For civil charges, the ministry had submitted lawsuits against PT JJP and NSP, which is waiting on South Jakarta District Court’s decision,” said Rasio adding the court had twice suspended its decision.
Police spokesman Inspector General Boy Rafli Amar said that the decision to stop the investigation was in accordance to procedure.
The decision came after investigators, Riau chief police and Riau District Court concluded there were no criminal elements based on evidence, witness statements and others.
“So, as investigators could not find any criminal charges, not enough evidence, and not categorized as crime then they can stop the investigation,” said Boy.
READ ALSO: BMKG: Stop Burning Lands on Dry Season
Riau police stopped investigations on 15 companies, — PT Bina Duta Laksana, PT Perawang Sukses Perkasa Indonesia, PT Ruas Utama Jaya, PT Suntara Gajah Pati, PT Dexter Perkasa Industri, PT Siak Raya Timber, dan PT Sumatera Riang Lestari. Lainnya adalah PT Bukit Raya Pelalawan, PT Hutani Sola Lestari, KUD Bina Jaya Langgam, PT Rimba Lazuardi, PT Partawira, PT Alam Sari Lestari, PT PAN United, and PT Riau Jaya Utama –.
Reports by Danny Kosasih